Collection and Retention of Non-Public Personal Information – We collect the following types of non-public personal information about you depending on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social security number, or driver’s license numbers;
- Account balances and payment history;
- Information that we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information we receive from check guarantee and verification services to determine whether you have a history of presenting bad checks or currently have payday advances with other check cashers; and
- Your picture that is taken when and if you apply for a Kinecta Check Cashing identification card and that is taken by our photoscope camera each time you cash a check.
Disclosure of Non-Public Personal Information to Third Parties
We do not disclose non-public personal information about you to anyone except as described below. We may disclose all of the information we collect to our affiliates or to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements to offer financial products and services to you, but those disclosures will be made only as permitted by applicable California law. We may also disclose the information to other non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
Access to, Use of, and Security Procedures for Customer Information
We require all of our employees, outside contractors and businesses who jointly market our products and services to agree in writing to protect the confidentiality of customer information and to use it only for our business purposes. Our policy is to prohibit access to your personal information unless there is a business reason to do so or we are required by law. We also take other steps to safeguard customer information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your non-public personal information.
NCCF #98 rev. 11/2008